What are the requirements to receive non-emergency medical transportation?
Transportation is for eligible Husky A, C and D Medicaid members who need to see a doctor for a Non-Emergency Medical appointment. The Member's medical condition should not be an emergency. FOR EMERGENCIES DIAL 911.
If I have a vehicle in my household, am I eligible for transportation?
Can I book a reservation on the internet?
Yes. Your first reservation must be call in to LogistiCare Reservations at 1-888-248-9895. Then you can enter https://member.logisticare.com on your web browser and you can register with LogistiCare on our Member Services website to enter reservations.
When should I call for a ride?
Reservation requests must be requested for a ride at 2 business days before your scheduled appointment.
Transportation Request Date
Medical Appointment Date
The following are the basic rules for ordering transportation:
- A member’s family member, care-giver or medical provider can request NEMT services for an eligible Medicaid member with certain conditions.
- LogistiCare takes requests for routine transportation by phone
- Member Request (888-248-9895) Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Requests may be submitted on-line 24 hours a day.
- Please submit requests for routine transportation 48 hours (2 business days) in advance of the trip.
- Requests for urgent transportation are taken 24x7 by phone.
- Requests for emergency medical service do not go through LogistiCare and should be directed to 911.
- If the member lives within ¾ blocks of the medical provider and can walk there, the member should not request transportation services from LogistiCare.
What do I need to have when I call for a ride?
Medicaid ID number, Pick up address and phone number, Appointment date and time, Doctor's name, Doctor's address and phone number.
How will I know what time to be ready for my ride?
LogistiCare will tell you what time to be ready. If the pick-up time changes, we will call you.
What type of transportation will I get?
LogistiCare will ask if you can walk or if you require the use of a wheelchair and will then provide the best type of transportation for your needs.
Who will be taking me to my appointment?
LogistiCare will schedule the type of transportation to meet your needs.
Who can call to request my ride?
You, a relative, caregiver, nurse or doctor.
Can a family member be reimbursed to transport me to my appointments?
If the family member DOES NOT reside with you they can. You will need to provide their name, mailing address and social security number when you call your trip in. You will need and your medical facility will need to complete a Gas Reimbursement form. Forms and instructions can be found in the download section of this site.
How do I get a ride for repeat appointments like dialysis?
Ask your medical provider or facility to help schedule rides for you.Facility Request (888-866-3287) or fax (866-529-2138) Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.Requests may be submitted on-line 24 hours a day
What if the ride is late or I have other problems with transportation?
If your ride is 15 minutes past the pick-up time, please call our "Where's My Ride" line at 1-800-592-4291.